Thursday, June 14, 2012

Welcome to Vicar!

I'll be using this blog to introduce you to artists from a different country every week.  Some will be up-and-coming, some will be widely known, but ultimately my goal is to introduce somebody, somewhere to something new.

I've only set foot in three distinct countries myself, and I've had to put international travel on the back burner while looking for work in my home country.  I've been reading the news mags and keeping up on current events, but it doesn't feel like enough.  So I've also made it my goal to gain a better understanding of the world through art, and I hope you can gain something from my efforts as well.

All that aside, I'm an aspiring curator and thought that the blogosphere might not be a bad place to get my start.  It's been a bit more than a year since I've written critically about art, so bear with me in that regard.  If you give me some space, I promise I'll do great things!

Lauren

1 comment: